Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meal Planning - Stage One

It was suggested to me by Rachel, that I should read the post from The Happy Housewife regarding Meal Planning. So, that is exactly what I did...and I think that it is great that she is taking you step by step through the process.

The first step is to write out a list of 15 meals. For me, it was more difficult than should have been....I don't really give much thought as to what I am planning for dinner. I usually just throw something together that day, and hope that it tastes alright. Haha.

Anyway, here is my list of 15 (eh, 16) meals.

#1) -Chicken Breasts (Baked) -Baked Potatoes -Green Beans
#2) -Chicken and Biscuits
#3) -BBQ Chicken Pizza
#4) -Chili
#5) -Lasagna -Garlic Bread -Green Beans
#6) -Savory Chicken Casserole -Green Beans
#7) -Sloppy Joes -French Fries -*Fruit*
#8) -Spaghetti -Garlic Bread -Green Beans
#9) -Tator Tot Casserole
#10) -Chicken Noodle Soup
#11) -2x4 Soup
#12) -Lasagna Toss -Garlic Bread -Green Beans
#13) -Chicken Alfredo/Chicken Noodles
#14) -Ham and Potato Soup
#15) -Grilled Cheese -Tomato Soup
#16) -Ham -Scalloped Potatoes -Corn

What is your meal planning strategy? Do you have 15 set meals that you use?

10 comments:

  1. Great list. I had a lot of fun creating mine and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I just linked mine up too. I am wondering what lasagna toss is? Sounds easy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we speak I am working on posting the recipes for my meal plan. I will create a link (on this post) as I add the recipes. I will try and post the lasagna toss recipe tonight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! I love the lasagna toss recipe...thanks for the link! I have a crockpot lasagna recipe that I love, but I think this new version will be wonderful to have in my back pocket for a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum - getting hungry reading your list! I want to check out the savory chicken casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also posted meals on my blog, but I love looking at everyone else's to see what they've planned. It gives me ideas for future meals. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the great comments! Happy cooking, and I can't wait to check out your 15 meals!

    Mostly because I now have to come up with 20! Haha.

    Oh well, I know that I cook more than these 16 dishes...but, it is so hard to come up with the list when you sit down and do it.

    Does anyone else have that problem?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lasagna toss. It seems so much easier than the traditional style.
    These are great meal ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. I noticed you have a lot of chicken dishes. Have you considered cooking up a few whole chicken to save money? Just a thought...
    Thanks for linking up!
    Toni
    http://thehappyhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails