Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chili

2lbs hamburger
1/2 onion
2 green peppers
1/4 teaspoon garlic flakes
3 tomatoes
2 cans of red kidney beans, drained
1 can of tomato sauce
4 teaspoons chili powder (can edit to your taste, this is a pretty mild chili)
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 big can of V8 juice

Brown hamburger with your onion.

Combine all ingredients into big pot or crock pot and allow to cook (on high) for 3-4 hours minimum. Basically judge the timing by the tenderness of your vegetables. Each person is different, so whatever you prefer.

This is even better the next day!

P.S. I hope that my Dad doesn't discover this blog, he wouldn't be too happy with me for disclosing this "secret" recipe. Haha ;o).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails