Monday, June 27, 2011

We Are Ready

Okay, so I am as prepared as I will ever be for this no spend month.  I completed all the shopping (I hope I didn't forget anything!), and have about $6 to spare, lol. 

Last night I picked up the final necessities:  Hubs' shampoo, and peanut butter.  Hopefully, if I did forget anything, it can be purchased with this $6 before the start of our no spend month.

I was hoping to get a check in the mail before the end of the month (deposit return on a rental), however, I just called and it doesn't look like I will receive the check until the beginning of next week.  Bummer.  Oh well, that  is an additional $70 we can add to our no spend month savings account.  :)  Always gotta look at the bright side, right?

I have talked to several of our family members to let them know about our no spend month, basically just to let them know that we won't be able to go out for dinner, go shopping, etc.  And boy, have I gotten some strange looks.

My Dad doesn't think it is actually a no spend month because we are still paying our bills (but really, we HAVE to pay our bills) and allowing $100 for the month for perishable  items.  He might change his tune if we successfully complete the month.  :)

My Mom is afraid, however, that we will encourage my Dad to do the same.  She is not up for a no spend month.  And if you look at the previous paragraph, you can see my Dad would be a total tight-ass during a no spend month.  LOL!

My in-laws, well...Hubs said, they didn't have much to say one way or the other.

If you were to complete a no spend month, how much money would you project to save?  What would you and your family do with the extra money?

PS - Have you ever wondered what my closet looks like (and no, I didn't even clean it up for you!)?  You have?  Well, tune in tomorrow for a lame exciting post about my bathroom closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails