Sunday, July 5, 2009

Re: Comment from Charlene

"When I first started using a binder, I felt self-conscious about hauling around this huge zipper binder, plus my purse, etc, so I would pull my coupons ahead of time for things that I knew were on sale or on my list. Sometimes, though, I would find when I got in the store that the item on sale didn't exactly match the size, etc,listed on the coupon, so I would have to file it back afterward. I still do that on occasion when I know I'm going in for just a few speciifc items.

What I do most often is put my purse in the buggy first, then open my binder flat on top. I pull coupons as I go through the asiles, and slot them in the front pocket till I get ready to check out. Before I get to the register, I pull out the coupons, and close and zip my binder, then sit it beside my purse to grab quickly when I'm done.

An alternative is to get your stuff, then step to one side of not-busy aisle and pull your coupons right before you get to the register.

Whichever way you do it, the absolute worse thing is to be fumbling with your coupons at the register. Always, alwasy, always have your coupons ready so you can pay attention to how things ring up--they don't always ring up at the "sale" price, better to catch it right then than have to come back, which 9 times out o 10 you know you won't do.

Hope this helps a little!"

You can find Charlene's blog here.

Thank you so much for all of your great advice. I really appreciate it, and I am sure that I will start to use most, if not all, of your ideas.

I was really feeling, well I guess lazy, about the whole couponing thing. So I really am grateful to you for your helpful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails