Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope that y'all had a great day, even though the weather didn't always cooperate.

We started off the day a little disappointed because we couldn't go to the parade. I didn't want Jackers in the rain, and I have no idea were our umbrella is??? So, my boys spend the morning relaxing while I ran to the store to get a couple of items for our 4th of July dinner.

When I got back from the store, we gathered our things and went up to my parents house. They are all out of town, so we were in charge of the animals.....and apparently a little get-together I planned ;o)

Anyway, we spent the day making dinner (and playing with toys).....we made: hamburgers, hot dogs (on the grill), apple coleslaw (really good, so I am told), chips and dip, grapes, blueberries, etc. I also made a delicious cake with a flag on it. Totally borrowed the idea from Jon and Kate Plus Eight, but I will definitely be making this again. SO EASY!


We had Bob and Marian (Jack's great-grandparents, and my grandparents) over for dinner. It was great to enjoy their company, and it was so good to see my Grandma up and moving after her surgery. We are all so glad that she is doing better.

When they left (around 7:30p) little Jackers was getting tired, so we decided to go outside try to get some pictures of him with sparklers. But, he was just not in the mood. Especially after taking such great pictures with Mommy and Daddy.



Here are a couple of the sparkler pictures, but like I said.....he really wasn't in the mood.


After we put Jackson to bed we hung outside on the deck for a while, until we turned the TV on to see some fireworks. We watched the one's from Boston, and they did a fantastic show. Not quite the same as being there but it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails