Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In the clear...?

First of all, YEAH!!!! Only 30 days left of this pregnancy. Secondly, I have successfully completed my "24-hour test". Because my protein level was a little high yesterday at my doctor's appointment she ordered a couple of tests. The first was to collect ALL urine for 24-hours. This was a pain in the butt throughout the night, but what can you do. When the 24-hours where up (around 3 o'clock this afternoon) I had to take the sample to Metro Lab in Davenport, and also give a small sample of my blood (I did not know this was going to happen, what a wonderful surprise!). Kim Wiseman (midwife) told me to call into the office tomorrow morning to receive the results, and then I will know what exactly will happen. If the test comes back fine, the pregnancy will progress as normal, but if the test comes back with a high protein level there could be a baby joining us sooner rather than later. From what I have read on-line the only way to relieve pre-eclampcia is to actually deliver the baby. I also read that this condition is the leading cause of death in pregnant women and their unborn child, so needless to say I am a little freaked out about the results. I am sure everything will be fine, but I will be sure to let you know tomorrow morning when I find out the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails