Monday, August 20, 2012

You have arrived!

Mr. Eli entered the world at 5:27pm!  He is so freakin' cute!

But, before we get into that.....here is a bit more of the back story.

At 12:30 pm, Dr. S stopped over during her lunch break to check up on me.  Apparently, I am a "good 4 cm".  UGH!

I continue to labor with the epidural.  Napping for a few minutes whenever possible.  Hourly the nurse comes in to help me switch sides.  This is quite the process when you can't feel the lower half of your body.  :)

At 3:30pm, I was introduced to the 2nd shift nurse, Josie.

4:15pm rolls around, and I start to feel more pain in my uterus, so I begin pushing my epidural button.  Every 10 minutes.  Lol.  I think I was probably pretty darn close to 10cm at this point, but I hadn't been checked since noon.  Turns out, I am 8 cm.

Dr. S stops by at 5:15pm to check my progress.  I started to shake uncontrollably about 20 minutes before this, so she suspects I am pretty close.  She checks, and a look of urgency comes across her face.  She tells the nurse it is time, and everyone moves quickly to get everything ready for Baby Eli's arrival. :)

We pushed through 2 contractions, less than 5 minutes in total, and Eli arrives!  The easiest delivery by far.  If all my deliveries were like this, I would have a million kids.  ;o)

Welcome to the world Elliott Jon!  7 lbs 14 oz, 20 inches long.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails