Friday, July 20, 2012

Carpal Tunnel

This morning I woke up with a lot of pain in my hands/fingers...my right hand is worse than my left, but both hurt nonetheless.

At first I thought I just slept on it wrong...but it never went away.  I used a heating pad to try to reduce the pain, but that only worked for a short time.  Then, I tried ice...which was not a good idea.

After dealing with the pain for about 5 hours I made a call to my OB.  She told me that it is likely carpal tunnel and to wear a brace as much as I could stand it until the pain went away, and then at night after that.

So, off I went to buy a brace.  I am still in pain (about 16 hours later), but the brace does seem to be helping.  It is hindering my ability to be productive, for example writing his blog post is taking about 4x as long as it usually would.  Annoying.  :(

About all I can do is pin on Pinterest, which I have to admit isn't a bad way to spend the evening.  :)



I am hoping I feel better in the morning!  I hope y'all have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails