Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 14: Earliest Memory


My earliest memory is one that I would like to forget.

Here is an excerpt from my Life Story about my earliest memory:
This is one of my worst childhood memories. One night I remember getting loaded into my Mom's station wagon and heading to a nearby "big" city. It was the middle of the night, and we went to pick up my drunken Grandfather (maternal). He was standing outside a building, which I am pretty sure was the police station, stumbling all over the place. It was awful to see my grandfather in such a state, I refer to this event often when asked why I don’t drink alcohol (occasionally I do, but it is probably only 3-4 times a year). Anyway, this was the night that my Mom and Uncle had my Grandfather committed. He spent the next day or so in the hospital, but this event changed his life just as much as it changed mine. He was no longer an active alcoholic, he was a recovering alcoholic. To my knowledge he didn’t drink alcohol again.
What is your earliest memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails