Monday, December 6, 2010

How Should I Raise Money?

I need your help.

Do you remember when I told you about my Aunt Sheila and her battle with breast cancer?  Well, my family and I are in the process of planning a benefit for January.  But, my question to you is:  What is the best way to go about fundraising for the event?

Should I call companies?  In person? 

I am sorry if these questions are really basic, but I have never really been involved in a fund-raising effort. 

I have done what I know how to do:  created a blog, and a flyer (look below), but I need your guidance.

Click to enlarge.
Leave your suggestions in the comment sections, or shoot me an e-mail:  thedaysofasahm@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

3 comments:

  1. You can do a bake sale.

    My MIL host a Tupperware party to raise money for her friend that has cancer and she made 180.00.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I would do is make a video for the cause and post it on your Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube Wall.

    http://blog.anastaciahauldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the process of helping my son's school raise money. Perfect timing for the post! I would suggest that you take advantage of the social networking sites. Post it on your events page if you use Facebook, that way others can see it. Since some people may not be able to come, they may still want to make a donation, you need to set up a Paypal account that they can use to make a donation. A lot of people use Paypal that shop on Amazon, so it is more convenient for them to use it.

    I would be happy to help you, just send me an email!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails