Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dreamin' of Daily Life

Do you know something that I dream about?  Having family breakfasts.  (Isn't that a little strange?)  Right now, we eat breakfast, but at different times....and often different foods.  My dream starts off with me starting breakfast in the kitchen, while my children groggily walk into the kitchen in their footie pajamas, then jump up on a bar stool and say "Mom, what's for breakfast?".  :)  Then I prepare the meal, with my little ones underfoot.  We eat as a family, laughing and talking about what the day will bring.

I am sure to those of you who do have these little ones "underfoot" don't quite understand my dream....as I am sure, after a while, it might become annoying but I want to remember that each moment is special.  Each moment is a chance to be with my child(ren), and one that I might not get back.

The biggest problem with this dream is....my children can not, yet, speak.  Oh, and one can't walk (but, she is so CLOSE!)....so, for now I will just have to browse through all the bar stools that CSN Stores has to offer.  You know, because I need to have a couple of bar stools in order to fulfill my dream.  :)

5 comments:

  1. My oldest, 2 years 9 months, does talk, but usually it's JUICE JUICE!!! as soon as he wakes up. My dream is to have something so yummy, new, and filling for breakfast that the kids and the hubby look forward to breakfast and get upset when I DON'T cook breakfast. I want them to prefer what I decide to make instead of saying, "Oh, we can hit McDonald's!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Nicole! My kids would love to eat french fries, for every.single.meal. YUCK! It is such a thrill when they like what I prepare. Last night I made tacos, and Jack LOVED them! Ady did too, but she will eat almost anything. :) I was so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love family breakfasts and we don't do them nearly as often as I'd like. Mostly on long weekends. I have 2 kids that like to sleep in and one that rises with the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya Nicole! My kids would love to eat french fries, for every.single.meal. YUCK! It is such a thrill when they like what I prepare. Last night I made tacos, and Jack LOVED them! Ady did too, but she will eat almost anything. :) I was so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One who rises with the sun? Yawn. I am getting tired just thinking about it. My kiddos wake up about 8am, and I think that is early! Hope y'all are having a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails