Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Week In Review

Okay, so this is going to be a long one.  I have been meaning to blog about our week since, well....Monday, but my computer is not working (which is really annoying).

So, this is going to be a play-by-play of the last week, or so.  I hope that you don't mind.

We had a great Memorial Day weekend.  Friday night we went out for fish at our favorite spot, and did a little shopping.  Maybe a lot of shopping.  Darn you, Kohl's, for having all the stuff I wanted on sale.  Oh, and for giving me $10 for every $50.  Yeah, that did me in.

Saturday we just relaxed.  Hung out by our little inflatable pool, and grilled hamburgers on the grill.  Oh, and we had a very special friend come out and hang out with us, Robbie.  He is such a little cutie, and Jack loves to play with him. 


Somewhere during this relaxing Saturday I threw in a trip to Target (while the kiddos, and Daddy napped).  I was wanting to pick up my parent's anniversary present, but to my dismay, they no longer had the outdoor storage bench in stock.  I was pretty disappointed.  This meant, yet another, trip to Target on Sunday.


Sunday was a little busier, but still a lot of fun.  I ran to the other Target in my area in the afternoon to pick up the anniversary present (I am so thankful they had it in stock), and when I got "home" we got ready for our dinner guests.  We had my Grandparents over for dinner :).  After we ate we headed out to the deck to watch the kiddos splash around in the pool.  It was Ady's first time in a pool, and she loved it!  I am so glad that she did so well, because we are planning a weekend getaway in two weeks.  Both the babies were too funny.  Kicking and splashing.  We even got Jack-Jigity to dunk his head underwater.  I love my little water babies.

Now, onto Monday.  Z had to work, unfortunately.  Well...not unfortunately for his paychecks.  But, unfortunately, for our relaxing weekend.  While he was gone my parents and brother returned from their trip to Colorado.  They had a great time.  After hearing the stories of their trip we had dinner and lounged on the deck while the men enjoyed an evening cigar.  :)


And now, we have finally reached Tuesday.  We "moved" all our stuff back into our apartment....unfortunately it still isn't all put away.  Z wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home and tried to rest up for his busy day on Wednesday.  I spent the day trying to keep the kiddos quiet so Z could rest.  Then we got a call from our friend, Kylie, wondering if sweet little Alivia could come out and play.  I am so excited that I officially got to meed Kylie, Jon, and Alivia.  We are still waiting to meet the cute little Jameson.  :)  Of course, my favorite TV show was on at 8 CST.  GLEE!  I seriously love that show, and I still think about the "Poker Face" song from last week.  My goodness, that was good.


Wow, we are finally to Wednesday.  Z left for work around 7.  Super early.  And the babes and I slept in.  Well, until Alivia came over :) she is such a little cutie!  And we are super glad she was able to come over and play again.  After Ms. Alivia left, we got ready to head over to my parents house for dinner. My sister, Lauren, and her boy-friend, Jamere were in town for the day.  It was great to be able to see them for a while.  After they left the men enjoyed a cigar, while my Mom and I chit-chatted about the day.  Then, off to bed!


Okay, we are finally to the present.  We woke up a little earlier than normal, cleaned up the house, and played with toys.  After I got the kids playing nicely with each other, I jumped in the shower.  Around 2 o'clock, my Mom came over to watch the kiddos while I ran out and got my hair cut.  It was been years since my last cut.  Seriously, that is no exaggeration.  I can not believe I just admitted this.  Needless to say, it was long overdue.  I love it!  It is cute and blonde, and exactly the change I was looking for.  I will post pictures of the new do later, but for now....here is a cell phone pic.  Now, we are just relaxing while the kids are off dreaming away.  I love this quiet time at night.  So peaceful.

Well, goodnight all.  Thanks for listening to our crazy weekend.  We had fun over the Memorial Holiday, how about you?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun (and busy) week!

    Re: the haircut~ It's easy as a wife/mom to let your needs get put aside, but don't forget to treat yourself well!! You will be a better wife and mommy because of it! I learned that the hard way :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails