Sunday, April 4, 2010

"This Easter"


A very dear friend of mine, Kim, wrote this AWESOME post a couple of days ago....so, I asked her if she would allow me to share it with you. Can you believe it? She agreed!!

She puts her thoughts, and her heart, down on "paper" in this post....and it is absolutely perfect for this Easter morning.

Enjoy!

Since my son has been born, my relationship with God has deepened in a way I never knew it could.

I thought I knew what it meant to know that God gave the life of His only son for my life. I thought I understood what it meant to say "I am a child of God". And then I conceived a child of my own; I gave birth to a son of my own. Now I know. Not fully- I do not claim to understand God's emotions, or to feel His vast and deep love for me, but I do know my emotions, and I feel a vast and deep love for my son.

And now I know: now I know how much God must love me, based on how much I love Ezra. Now I know what it means to be His child, because I know what it means to be a parent. Now I know the magnitude of the sacrifice He made when He allowed His son to die for me, because I cannot bring myself to imagine the magnitude of the sacrifice that would be for me to allow my son to die for the sins of another.

This realization is awe-inspiring, humbling and praise worthy.

Jesus calls us to respond to the sacrifice of His death by living for Him. To be Christ Like. To follow His plan for us, and to have Him at the centre of our lives.

I challenge you this Easter weekend to revel in Our Father's love for us. To immerse yourself in the magnitude of His sacrifice for your life. To put yourself in His shoes and imagine how much you would have to love someone to allow your child to die for them. And then remember that it's you He died for.

I don't think I could sacrifice one of my children to save the world from eternal damnation, in fact, I know that I couldn't.

I am a flawed individual. Deeply flawed.

Thank you, Kim, for putting this into words, and opening my eyes (even more) to how amazing and awesome God's love is for me.

Blessings Everyone, and Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails