Friday, April 23, 2010

SO BIG!

As many of you know, we have been trying to put Ady to bed in her own crib....in the kids' room. (Have no idea what I am talking about? You are missing out, follow me on Twitter @jenniferovery) But, it has not been going so well.

I was hesitant to even try because I would absolutely hate to have both kiddos up in the middle of the night, but Ady has been sleeping so well we thought we would give it a try Tuesday night.

Tuesday = HUGE FAILURE. Ady cried the whole time, and kept waking Jackers up. So, she got her way and slept in our bedroom (in a pack n' play).

Wednesday = A little better. We got both of the kids asleep, but Ms. Ady woke up around 11. We laid her down in her pack n' play, and she slept through the night.

Thursday = Perfect! Or so we thought. We got both of the kids asleep, with NO ISSUES! But, at 2:15am Ady woke up....for no reason. I rocked her, changed her diaper, gave her a bottle, and she drifted off to sleep around 3:30am. But, she was up again at 5:30am and 6:30am.

This Mama is tired.

I am not sure I have the energy to try it again tonight, but we will have to see. Do any of you have any tricks for getting a 5 month old to sleep through the night? She sleeps fabulously, by herself, in our bedroom...but, not in her bedroom.

Moving on.....

Jack is usually the shy, silent type. But, we have been trying to encourage his speech as much as possible. He will sign more (which also means please....be careful when you are teaching this to your kiddos :)) all day long, but rarely says anything other than "da". Well, he babbles....but, I have no clue as to what he is saying.

So, today. Instead of just giving him a goldfish cracker. I made him say cracker. He whined for about 20 minutes about not getting the cracker easily....but then he said it! YEAH! Go Jackers :). Cracker is a more difficult word than Mama, right? Hmm....stubborn, eh, sweet, little boy!



I am sorry about the video. It was shot with my phone, and I didn't even think to rotate the phone. Oh well...you get the idea. I am so proud of my little baby boy!

In other Jacker's news. He is officially off the bottle! It has been 9 days since his last bottle, and he seems to be doing fine.

I am a little concerned that he isn't getting enough calcium...because he really dislikes drinking milk from a sippy cup (or regular cup). But, I have been upping his cheese/yogurt intake to hopefully compensate for the decrease in milk consumption. It will all work out in the end, any maybe I will eventually get him to drink milk out of a sippy.

Well, that's what new in my life as a SAHM. What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails