Monday, March 1, 2010

Review of Goals

We are two months into 2010! Time is flying, seriously I can't believe it. Anyway, I plan to update my yearly goals (if you missed that post, click here) at the beginning of each month, so....here is how February turned out.

Relationship Goals:


Go on at LEAST 4 dates with my husband (a date means without the kiddos....yikes! And not on a "holiday").
This is working out really well. So far we have been on one date each month....and one extra in February if you count going to register my vehicle while the kiddos spent some time with Grandma. Yeah, we will count that as a date, since they are generally few and far between. I love that I am at least accomplishing one goal :).

Be better about communicating.
Hmm...I would say we are better, but we still have some work to do. For me it is so easy to snap at him (trying to avoid taking it out on my children) when I am stressed out about something. Take our recent trip to Missouri as an example: We were driving home...it was late...we were hungry...Jack wanted to get out and run...and there wasn't ANYWHERE to stop for the next 30 miles. Seriously, I freaked. I was bawling in the front seat, right along with Jackers who was screaming in the backseat. Sigh. Anyway, I really need to work on this.

"The Days of A SAHM" Goals:

Post at least 20 times a month.
I posted 28 times in the month of February...so, totally rockin' it on this goal. :)

Host more giveaways.
Second one was completed yesterday, picking the winner later this afternoon!


Personal Goals:

Read more often.
Nope. I don't think I have read anything. Other than: blog frog, facebook/twitter updates, blogs, and a little local news. It is a lot of reading, but not from an actual book. Oh well, at least I am reading.

Keep my car clean.
I cleaned it! And I have been keeping it clean, my husband on the other hand has not! It is really annoying. For our trip to Missouri he needed to transfer some of his tools (which have to be stored in his truck while working) into my car to make room for the car seats and all the extra stuff! Well, when we got back....he didn't take out all his stuff. I was really annoyed. I am going to tell him this afternoon that if it isn't out by the next time I go to my car I am dumping it in the trash. That usually gets his butt moving. Hehe.

Spend one on one time with each of my children.
Been better. Zach took Ady with him to my parents one night, and Jackers and I got to hang out. It was a lot of fun!

Financial Goals:

Stick to a budget.
We are totally caught up on our bills, and have some money in savings! Yeah!

Don't acquire any additional debt.
No additional debt has been acquired! YEAH!

Create a time line for debt reduction.
Haven't done this yet, mostly because I totally forgot about it. I will have to get right on that.

Weight Loss Goals:

Exercise at least 3 times week.
Bahaha! This is a funny goal.

Keep a daily food journal.
Didn't happen.

Drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
64 oz of soda counts, right?

Stop telling myself that I will "start tomorrow".
That is what I did all month.

Keep myself accountable by posting regularly, and not justifying my actions.
Didn't do this either, do you miss my weight loss struggles?

How are you doing with your goals for 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails