Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Super Wonderful Life

I am sitting here staring at Makenna, who has fallen asleep with three of those stackable rings on her wrist....which is just so cute, wondering how in the world I got to this point in my life. I seriously love, and do have a "super wonderful life", my life...but, how did time fly by so quickly?

Just three years agp I was: working as a nanny for two adorable children, single (and I mean really single...I had no one who I was even mildly interested in), and longing for a family of my own.

Now, here I sit. With the most wonderful husband, two beautiful babies, and a happy life. I couldn't ask for more.

What made me think of this you ask? Well, two years ago today (well, not really today...it was Mar. 6th, but it was on a Thursday) my whole life changed.

Zach proposed to me, right around midnight. He had just gotten off of work, and I was semi-asleep. Okay, who am I kidding. I was wide awake, because earlier that morning we talked about getting engaged and Z said he would have a answer (eh, question) for me that night.

I was truly giddy ALL day while at work....and I could hardly wait for him to get off work. (I was working first shift, and he was working second.)

There was no getting down on one knee....or any other Lifetime movie moments, but his proposal really tells a lot about us. We are really laid back, and our relationship just seemed to work. It was almost assumed from the beginning that we would get married...and so we sort of acted like it (and I am not just talking about sexually) from the beginning.

Z simply climbed into bed, turned to me and said "Will you marry me?".

That question, and my answer of YES!, started me on the fast-track of having my life become the same as my dreams/aspirations.

My life with Zach, Jack, and Ady is more than I could have ever hoped for. I truly adore my little family. We are truly blessed, and happy. :)

(Did you really think I could make it through a whole post without using a smiley?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails