Saturday, June 13, 2009

June Budgeting Goals

Yes, I know that it is almost half way through the month. But, I just feel inspired to start sharing my struggles (and some accomplishments) with the world. My hope is that you will keep me accountable to my goals, so that we can have a debt-free lifestyle.

I became inspired by this web-site, and all of the loyal readers who are participating in the web-site's Monthly Financial Check Up. First of all, I just want to say that it is a fantastic source for getting deals and learning from other mothers how to save money and budget. I am so happy that I discovered Money Saving Mom a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, I just thought that I would let you know of my goals for the month of June. Unfortunately, we have gotten behind in our bills (because of job loss, and moving to a new town). None of the reasons are really an excuse, but life just caught up with us. Part of the reason I voiced so much frustration in my initial post. So, here we go.....goals:
  1. Get caught up on all bills.
  2. Find a way to increase our monthly income.
  3. Post EVERYDAY regarding our spending, and my current thoughts on how we are doing.
  4. Add a new category to our budget, "Baby #2", so we have enough time to prepare for his/her arrival in November.
  5. Make a list of things we will need for a new baby, and get an estimate of the cost to accurately create a line item on the budget.
  6. Start making a weekly donation to our church. Create a new line item in our budget, making sure that giving is a top priority.
I will post updates on the goals as I reach them, or an update if I don't. Please keep me accountable, and I hope that June will be a very successful month. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails