I became inspired by this web-site, and all of the loyal readers who are participating in the web-site's Monthly Financial Check Up. First of all, I just want to say that it is a fantastic source for getting deals and learning from other mothers how to save money and budget. I am so happy that I discovered Money Saving Mom a couple of weeks ago.
Anyway, I just thought that I would let you know of my goals for the month of June. Unfortunately, we have gotten behind in our bills (because of job loss, and moving to a new town). None of the reasons are really an excuse, but life just caught up with us. Part of the reason I voiced so much frustration in my initial post. So, here we go.....goals:
- Get caught up on all bills.
- Find a way to increase our monthly income.
- Post EVERYDAY regarding our spending, and my current thoughts on how we are doing.
- Add a new category to our budget, "Baby #2", so we have enough time to prepare for his/her arrival in November.
- Make a list of things we will need for a new baby, and get an estimate of the cost to accurately create a line item on the budget.
- Start making a weekly donation to our church. Create a new line item in our budget, making sure that giving is a top priority.