Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 14, 15, 16, and 17

We are over half way done with our no spend month (which is actually only 28 days....which, by the way, is long enough, lol!)!!!!!

I am excited for this challenge to be over.  I didn't realize how much I like to escape to the store.  I don't usually spend much, but it obviously adds up, but it is nice to get out and take a little break from the our day to day activities.  Maybe I should find a new activity.....

Moving on.  :)  We decided how we will spend the money we have saved over this last moth! :)

1st we will pay off all our credit card debt, approximately $1500.  In April 2011, we had paid off all our debt....but, over the last year and a half we have accumulated a bit more.  Mostly related to purchasing things for our house.  We know we don't want to have credit cards with a balance, so this debt needs to go.  In fact, this morning we paid off more than half the debt with the funds we have currently saved, the rest will come from Zach's next paycheck.  :)

2nd, we will be purchasing a television for our family room.  It has been on our "to do" list for a while, but always fell to the bottom because it isn't a necessity.  I mean, we have a perfectly good television....it just wasn't able to be hung above our fireplace.   Now, our guests will get to enjoy a 60 inch tv from their bed, lol.

And now, on to the not so good news.  We are over our $125 budget for the month.  :(  We have spent $126.61/$125.  Which, really....isn't bad, but I am still disappointment in myself for not sticking closer to our budget.  We went to DeWitt last night to celebrate my Mom's birthday....which means I got Chinese!!!! But, last Friday we really didn't have to get that BBQ Beef pizza Zach has been craving.  Lol.  Oh well, I am excited to see how we will finish out the month.  :)

How are you doing with your no spend month?  What tips do you have for me and my family?  Any questions?  I would be happy help, if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails