Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 11 and 12


We have made it to day 12 on our no spend month, and I am starting to feel the urge to go shopping.  Lol.  Isn't that ridiculous?  I want to take my family out for dinner, make a stop at Target, and maybe top the evening off with a blizzard from DQ.  Yeah.  Sad.  I know.  So far, I have resided the urge....but we still have a long way to go.

Yesterday, we ran out of trash bags.  :(  It is my fault, I should have checked how many we had before we started the no spend month, but I failed to do so.  We do not pay the city for trash service, so instead the sanitation company requires us to purchase their trash bags (10 bags for $16.50).  Yeah....I am not too thrilled with this, but hey....what can you do.  So, this took up a sizable chunk of our $125.

So far, we have spend $62.98/$125.

Not quite half way and we have spend half our money.  Yikes!  I am getting a little nervous.

What do you think?  Can we make it?  How are you doing on your no spend month?

The image used above can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Our no spend month came to a grinding halt today. The dog had a seizure and that bill just went waaaay over and above what we had set aside. *sigh* We are going to keep at it, though, if for no other reason than to afford this set back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope your poor dog is alright! Life definitely can throw you curve balls, but I hope this doesn't set you back too much. Best of luck! :)

      Delete
  2. That is funny because I forgot to account for trash bags in this month's budget too (I count that in our grocery budget and usually give a little extra for the trash bags, since they cost so much... so now it is coming out of the rest of our grocery budget :(...darn expensive trash bags! lol).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails