So, there is my Part 1 list of things my mother never told me. I hope it will help you, and I hope that you will add more to my list. Please make this a conversation, I would LOVE to hear your bullet points. :)
- When using a non-stick pan, use a wooden spoon or a plastic spatula.
- Allow meat to temper before placing them in a hot pan. (Not ice cold.)
- Everything tastes better with a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil, thanks Rachael Ray!)
- Soak your dishes in hot water and dish soap, it makes cleaning 10x easier. You know, if you are like me and don't do the dishes right away.
- When slicing potatoes, slice a strip off the long way to make a flat surface. It makes cutting the potato a million time easier.
- Cast iron might be a pain to clean (since it is not dishwasher safe), but it is so worth the investment.
- Do not cook pancakes or eggs in a anything other than a non-stick pan. My husband learned the hard way.
- You will be amazed, happy, full of love, annoyed, anger, upset, and overjoyed each and every day you spend as a parent.
So, there is Part 1....what are yours?
Don't forget to enter my giveaway! You only have until Sunday. :)