Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Save Money With Your Checking Account

Here we are with the next set of tips, I hope you are enjoying this series as much as I am.

Disclosure:  I don't guarantee these tips will work, but they have worked for me in the past....and I thought I would pass along the information to you.  :)
  1. Do not pay for a checking account.  Why would you, when they are so many free options?
  2. Call you bank and inquire about "incentive checking".  Zach and I signed up, and we are currently making 2.75% on a CHECKING ACCOUNT, plus we receive money back when we use our card as credit rather than debit, about 8 bucks a month.  Come on people it is FREE money.  Sign up.
  3. Did you just receive an over-draft?  Most banks will reverse the charge if you simply call and ask.  Obviously this is dependent on if the transaction that caused the over-draft has been covered.  If you haven't yet made a deposit, it probably isn't going to happen.
  4. Are you terrible at saving money?  Consider opening a certificate of deposit (CD).  You do not have access (without penalties) to the amount until it needs to be renewed.  Yes, it will be a lower rate than you can get on a checking account, but at least the amount will be saved and you will not spend the amount on something else.
Do you have any additional tips?  If so, leave your tip in the comment section or send me an e-mail at thedaysofasahm@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails