Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bon Appetit...

...those two little words always makes me thing of the move "Julie and Julie".

It is a move I love to watch, and if you haven't seen it, you need too. Truly a great movie.

Well, you will think so if you are anything like me :).

Anyway, back to my point.

Yesterday, I posted on Twitter and Facebook about my new chicken salad recipe. And because y'all are so interested in my recipe, I thought I would share it here with you today.

Disclaimer: I made this recipe up, and I didn't measure. So, if it doesn't taste quite right to you just toss some more stuff in! That's how I cook. I hate to follow the rules (this is the reason I don't like to bake....you can read about his baking fiasco here). Oh, and sorry about all the canned goods, I was trying to come up with a recipe to use up some of the stuff in my pantry. Obviously, you can substitute any of the canned items for fresh veggies. :)

With that said, here is the recipe (at least rough estimates *grin*):


3 cups medium noodles, cooked
1 can of medium peas (toss the peas in with the noodles for the last minute or two while boiling)
2 cans diced tomatoes, drained
1-2 cups Miracle Whip (depends on how much "sauce" you prefer)
2 pieces of chicken breasts, chopped
1/2 cup of black olives
3 tablespoons of honey
dash of maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste

Basically, you just combine all the ingredients.....and viola!

Make sure the everything is chilled before you add the ingredients together :)

I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I have (and still are, yeah for leftovers!).

PS - Don't forget to vote for Ady! Just click here, and select Madelyn Grace :).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails