Friday, August 14, 2009

Meal Planning

Do you meal plan?

I have a general idea of what I will make for lunch/dinner for the two weeks in between my grocery shopping trips, but I don’t strictly follow it. Basically, whatever sounds good that morning is what I set out for dinner that night.

Anyway, my main question is how do you organize your meal plan?

A couple of weeks ago, while at Target (I ALWAYS check their dollar section, do you?), I came across a “teacher’s weekly lesson planner”. I realized that this will be a great tool in my meal planning, and I am just getting ready to use it for the first time.

I will definitely let you know how it goes….but, I would love to hear how you keep yourself organized. People always have great tips, things that I would never even think of. I pretty much always think that everyone else is more creative than I am.

This is an area of my life that I would like to work on….becoming more organized with my meal planning (and strictly following my menu). We will see how this goes. ;o)

3 comments:

  1. I am awful about meal planning too, although I usually start to every week. I also bought a planner for this reason and am hoping to get better at it. For some reason when I start I can not think of more than 3 things to make for dinner... the happy house wife.com(something close to that) is doing some kind of meal planning challenge- I think that's what it is, you might want to check out. Good Luck!

    sorry if I'm leaving this twice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I print off a calendar (monthly) for the following month and work on it throughout the month before. I write in recipes I want to try and hang that calendar up on the fridge so we can see what we're having for dinner and i don't get asked what's for dinner.
    I've always thought about making a basic list of recipes I want to try and just pick one for that night instead of having to make what is on the menu, just in case we're not in the mood for that. But I don't know. Our monthly menu is working out fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel and Ginny! I appreciate all the advice.

    Rachel, I posted in more detail about my "findings" at thehappyhousewife.com

    Ginny, great idea to print out a monthly calendar. I am not strict with the day of the week as far as meal planning, but I know for sure that I will eat the said meal in the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails