Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Love You Forever"


Earlier this morning, I was reading Jackson the book: "Love You Forever".....and while I have read this book several times in my life, this was the first time that I have read it to my son. By the second page I was tearing up and by the end I was bawling (he probably had no idea what I saying). Jack was looking at me so strangely, like "What's wrong Mommy?" He is so adorable.

I think the thing that hit me the hardest was that baby Jackson will soon have to be a big brother. I don't think that we gave him enough time to be alone with Mommy and Daddy before giving him a little brother or sister. While, we will love and cherish this new little one (already do), I just feel bad....like he is missing out on something.

Running through my head was the fact that he will no longer be my little baby. But, this book showed me that I can always think of him as my baby, even until the day that I die. When he is big enough to hold me in his arms and comfort me.. ...the time when he will no longer need his mommy, he will still be my baby. Forever and always!

Jackson will always hold a special place in my heart, and I truly couldn't imagine my life without him. He brings such great joy and laughter to us every day. He is such a blessing, even on days when he doesn't sleep or is grumpy. God couldn't have made a more perfect child. I am beyond proud to call him my son.

To quote "Love You Forever".......

"I will love you forever,
I will like you for always,
As long as I am living,
My baby you will be."

I love you Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails