Monday, June 15, 2009

Re: Comment from Mary

"Just a comment to start garage saling if you can in your area.... after four children, I rarely, if ever, buy new clothes for them. We buy everything name brand and stock up throughout the summer at garage sales. Babies don't need to be expensive, just hugged a lot :). P.S. Have you thought of doing cloth diapers? It's so nice to bring out a tupperware full of diapers for the next baby. That's what I love about doing cloth!" Her blog can be found here.

First of all Mary, thank you so much for your suggestions! It is great to be able to communicate with others, and bounce ideas back and forth.

I do go garage saling, occasionally, but I probably don't utilize the opportunities to the best of my ability. I have been fortunate so far to not have to buy clothing for my son, Jackson. We were bombarded with gifts before and after he was born, and we are just now starting to run out. I think I have spend a total of $50 on clothing for Jack in the last year (approximate number, I don't have all the receipts on hand).

I have thought about cloth diapers, however I don't think the savings would be much for us because we are currently renting our apartment. The closest washer and dryer would cost us about $3.00 per load. So, with that additional daily cost, and just the plain inconvenience (in my opinion) of cloth diapers; my husband and I decided to stick with disposable diapers.

Again, thank you for your comment and great suggestions. I will definitely have to go garage saling more often! By the way, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" is one of my favorite DVDs! My husband, not so much...but, I just love the story line. I laughed when I read that you liked that movie, it is crazy what you can find in common with someone you don't even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails