Friday, June 12, 2009

Frustrating Background Information

Okay, so I am feeling a little overwhelmed with managing our budget....and I think the biggest area that I need to work on is including my husband in ALL bill payments and spending. I almost feel as if he blames me for wasting his hard earned paycheck. Yes, I do spend a little frivolously. (Example: Yesterday I spend less than $4 on lunch while I was out shopping. This will probably be the only (hopefully!) frivolous spending, for me, with this current paycheck.) But, not to the extent that he thinks I do. Although, I could be totally off base, I tend to over-think EVERYTHING.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little bit to get that off my chest. I would like to introduce myself and my family. My name is Jenn, I am 22 years old and have been married for a little over a year. My husband Zach is 24 years old, and works from home for an alarm company. It is a nice job with a lot of perks. We have a beautiful (almost) 7 month old son, and another on the way.

My husband and I have been working on our debt since the beginning of the year, and so far we are doing better than I expected. We started off 2009 with approximately $52,000 worth of debt, and now we have $35,862.91 (as of 6/13/09) worth of debt. This means we have paid off $16,137.09 of our debt in the last 5 months. Don't ask me how we are doing this, because I honestly don't know. I do know that the largest payoff was with our income tax return back in February (Sorry I don't remember the exact amount...less than $5,000 for sure).

I am going to post our monthly budget in another blog post, here. This will give you a break down of our spending and total debt. If you have any suggestions I would love the feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails