Friday, June 19, 2009

Completing 1 of June's Goals

One of my June goals is to create a list of necessary baby items for baby #2. While some of these may change (just a general idea) due to the sex, etc. I just wanted an idea of what to expect as far as cost.

Needs
  1. Graco Lauren 4-in-1 dropside convertible crib - white $159.99
  2. Serta Nightstar Luxury Firm Mattress $129.99
  3. Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair $54.99
  4. Medela Pump in Style Breast Pump $279.99
  5. Graco Broadstreet Snugride Infant Car Seat $99.99
  6. Graco Duoglider - Melbourne Stroller $139.99
Please keep in mind that I already have a child, so most of the non-necessities we already have. Such as baby sling, bouncy chair, etc.

Also, this is the cost for the items to be purchased new. I always look for deals at garage sales, etc, so if I find something that will work for cheaper....I will definitely purchase the lower priced item. This is just so that I have more than enough budgeted before the baby arrives.

Yes, I know that I didn't include any clothing, diapers, etc. I didn't because I don't know the sex, and I do not know the amount of gifts, etc that we will receive. If this one is a boy we will have to buy next to nothing, while if it is a girl we will have some shopping to do.

I am also planning on increasing my grocery budget by $40 a month (average we currently spend on diapers with Baby #1) in the fall. This way I have an opportunity to stock pile diapers and extra groceries.

I will explain why I think these items are necessary if I believe they deserve an explanation:
1. Graco Lauren 4-in-1 dropside convertible crib - white: Our son Jackson currently has this crib. We really like it, it's affordable, and I know that I will have to have more than one because Jackson will just be a year when the second baby is born. I would also like the cribs to match because our children will be sharing a room for the next couple of years while we get out of debt and save for a house. We also purchased this crib with the intention of him using it for the foreseeable future as it converts to a toddler and a full-size bed.
2. Serta Nightstar Luxury Firm Mattress: Through research, and use of this product, I have found it to be an excellent mattress. Again, I would ultimately like the mattresses to match, but it is not a necessity.
3. Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair: Love the space saving quality, we currently have one for our son. This item doesn't need to be purchased prior to the 2nd baby being born, but shortly after. This item also grows with your child, so our son will be using it for at least another two years.
4. Medela Pump in Style Breast Pump: With my son I purchased a "cheap" breast pump, and it broke twice. I know that with a breast pump I will be able to nurse my 2nd child for longer, and ultimately save money on formula and bottles, etc. I have done a great deal of research regarding the best product, and I believe this is it. While a little pricy, I know that I will get my moneys worth.
5. Graco Broadstreet Snugride Infant Car Seat: Our son used a "hand-me-down" car seat and it will expire in December. So, I know that I need to replace this before the birth of our second child, or find another used car seat that hasn't met it's expiration date.
6. Graco Duoglider Stroller: We currently have a single ride stroller, but that obviously will not work when we will have two children that may not be able to walk. It is also a way for me to exercise with my children when the weather is nice.

Based on my calculations these items come to a total of: $864.94 + 7% tax = $925.49. This ends up being about $185 per month until I deliver. While that doesn't really fit into our budget (as you can see here), we are working on cutting expenses and finding additional work to increase our income to make this amount possible.

If you have any questions, or suggestions....I would love to hear them. Please give me your feed back ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails