Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Re: Comment from Rachel (Part 2)

"Lunches always get us too, we live about 20mins outside of "town" so if we are in town running errands and it's lunch time it's hard not to just grab something. Sometimes I remember to pack a lunch, but not always. I've been thinking of trying the cash only thing. We usually try not to keep cash cause we just spend it, but I suppose if I only had so much for groceries fo the whole month I wouldn't want to just waste it. I would still do gas on debit card too, not worth the hassel of kids and carseats!"

Rachel's blog can be found here.

Thanks so much for your comment!

One of the hassles I have found with a cash only system is getting started. It is best if you are not living as close to your actual income with your fixed expenses (debt, car payments, rent, etc....things that you can not change). Unfortunately we do not have much wiggle room after our fixed expenses. It was, and is, very difficult to live completely on cash. It is definitely a work in progress.

Good luck starting a cash budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I really appreciate comments, and often reply. :)

If you want a guaranteed response from me, just shoot me an e-mail @ thedaysofasahm @ gmail . com (remove the spaces)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails